Who We Are
This website (including the Pawprint tool) are operated by We Are Pawprint Limited (otherwise known as Pawprint). We are a company registered in Scotland with registration number SC630021.
The Information we collect
We collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have set out further details below.
Personal data you provide us directly when you use our website and/or the tool:
- Your name, username, address, email address, phone number and other identity, profile and contact information you provide either via contact forms on our website or when you register to use our tool.
- Information you provide when you use the tool. This includes information relevant to your carbon footprint such as information about the way you travel, your accommodation and your eating and consumption habits.
- Communications between you and Pawprint. For example, if you submit feedback or a query we will keep a record of your message and any other details you submit.
Technical data we collect:
Usage data we collect:
- We collect information about your use of the tool. For example when you complete a challenge, answer survey questions, spend Pawpoints or carry out any other actions within the tool.
We do not collect any special category personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Our data collection methods
- Information you give us: through contact forms, the registration page and our surveys.
- Combining data sources: we may combine personal data we collect about you from different sources. For example, if you fill out an enquiry form and are a registered user of our tool we may combine the data we have about you in order to resolve your query.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data where the law allows it. We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which legal bases we rely on. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are for using your personal data where appropriate.
We may process your personal data for more than one legal basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal basis we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Our lawful basis
To provide you with an account to use our tool and to provide and support the website and the tool
Any information provided while signing up for the tool including name, contact details and information about lifestyle inputted into our “carbon calculator” used to calculate your carbon footprint.
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to perform our contract with your organisation/employer and making the tool and the website available to end users)
(b) Sending you service updates / information about the tool
Your name and contact details, information you submit when you contact us, Usage and Technical Information
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to perform our contract with your organisation/employer, providing information about the website/tool and making the website/tool available to end users)
To administer and protect our business, our website and the tool (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
The types of personal data mentioned in section The information we collect.
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud, any business reorganisation or restructuring and to perform our contract with your organisation/employer)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Performance of a contract with you
To display relevant advertisements to you
To create and use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Technical and usage data
To send you direct marketing with suggestions and recommendations about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Name, contact details and any other data you provide in a sign up form.
Your consent. You can opt-out at any time by following the opt-out links on our marketing messages or by contacting us directly.
To respond to your query / feedback
Name, contact details and any other data you provide in a feedback form and data we have combined from different sources.
a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (responding to queries/feedback, performing our contract with your employer/organisation)
(b) Performance of a contract with you
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for a reason compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may create and share anonymous insights with third parties.
We won’t ever sell your personal data to third parties. We may share insights containing anonymised/aggregated data with selected third parties. Anonymised / aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. We’ll do this only where it fits in with our mission - for example, to assist a council/local authority to investigate where to route a new cycle lane or bus route, to help a commercial organisation to develop a new low carbon product or where you have signed up as part of our “Pawprint for business” service, to help a business (including your employer / organisation) to understand carbon footprint of the business and how it could be more climate-friendly in its policies / activities.
Children Under 13
- Our website and tool are not intended for – and we don’t direct them at – anyone under 13.
- We don’t knowingly collect data from anyone under 13.
- If you think we’ve collected data from a child of under 13, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we share your data with
We may share your data with the following third-party service providers for the purposes set out in How we use your personal data.
- Customer service provider(s). Currently this is Hotjar located in the EU but may change in the future.
- Marketing e-mail provider(s). Marketing e-mail provider(s). Currently, these are Mailchimp located in the USA & Hubspot located in the USA but this may change in the future.
- Hosting services providers. Currently we use the following providers however these may change in the future:
- Amazon Web Services (of Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London EC3A 7DT) provide us with cloud computing services, including data management, backup and hosting services; and
- Squarespace located in the USA provide us with website hosting services.
We may also share data with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or government bodies as required by law.
We will also disclose your personal data to prospective sellers or buyers and new owners:
Some of our third party service providers are based outside the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UK and the EEA.
Where we transfer your personal data in the above situation we shall ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place to ensure that the transfer of your personal data complies with the current applicable data protection legislation.
How long we keep your data
We retain data for as long as necessary:
- To fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements; and
- If relevant, to compile a case / defence if needed for disputes/legal action.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
If you decide to stop using the Pawprint tool and ask us to delete your account, we’ll delete your personal data within a reasonable timeframe. We’ll also delete your personal data if your account has been inactive for a long time and we haven’t heard back from you on any of our communications asking you to reconnect and informing you that we will go on to delete your personal data.
We may retain anonymised / aggregated data which we can use indefinitely.
If you have any specific questions about how long we are retaining data please contact us at email@example.com.
How we will notify you of changes to this policy
If you are a registered user of the tool and, upon receipt of the updated policy, you no longer want us to process your data, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete your account. We will delete your data in accordance with section How Long We Keep Your Data.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Third Party Links
Under certain circumstances, you may have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- The right to request access to, correction or deletion/erasure of your personal data.
- The right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party.
- Where we are relying on a legitimate interest, you may object to the processing of your personal data and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object.
- You also have the right to object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Please contact us on email@example.com to ask to exercise any of your rights.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
We Are Pawprint Limited
We Work 80, George Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH2 3BU